By now you are already getting ready for the Camas County Fair! There is so much fun packed in to this weekend, its hard to make sure you don’t miss anything. With that in mind, we’ve created this handy Fair Schedule to help you navigate the fun. We look forward to seeing you at the fair!
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, July 24
- 6:00 p.m. County 4-H Demonstration/Public Speaking Contest at the LDS Church
Saturday, July 28
- 11 a.m. 4-H Horse Show & Gymkhana at TNT Farms Arena (400 South 270 East) - Lunch available for purchase. Bring lawn chairs & umbrella or tent for shade!
Tuesday, July 31st
Windows & Poles will be judged early Tuesday morning.
Wednesday, August 1st
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Set up Legion Hall - 4-H & Commercial Booths
Open class items to be judged, or not, may be entered
Thursday, August 2nd
- 8-10 a.m. Last chance to enter 4-H & open class! Legion Hall will be closed for judging from 10 to approximately 3 – then open until 5 p.m.
- 9:15 a.m. Rabbit Show on the school lawn across from Legion Hall
- 5:15 Bike Parade kids meet at the school grounds to decorate for parade at
- 5:45 to the 4-H Park and the carnival!
- 6 p.m. Free Carnival– In the 4-H Park
Free rides are Sponsored by Apex (McCaw) Foundation
(will be here Friday & Saturday, but of course won’t be free)3 hours 1/2 price on Sat. by Wolf One Farms!
Fair Board will have Bingo starting at 6 p.m.
- 6 – 8 p.m. PTO’s silent auction of a Themed gift basked
Friday, August 3rd
- 9:00 – 4-H Dog Show on the west side of the barn.
- 10:00 a.m. – 4 :00 p.m. Legion Hall open
- 6 p.m. Community Potluck Picnic – Bring a main dish & a salad or dessert and your own plates & utensils – lawn chairs or blankets to sit on are also good to bring.
- 6:30 Music by Valerie Metzger – singer-songwriter, original Folk & Lots of Favorites
Hoppity Hop Races for kids & adults around 7:30 p.m.!
Saturday August 4th
- 8 a.m. 4-H Livestock Show at the 4-H Park – Round Robin around 11:15 am
- 9 a.m. Camas County Public Library annual Book Sale in the Library
The Library Foundation will hold its annual membership drive – also a
drawing and silent auction for many items & a special treat for the kids (outside)
NO AUCTION THIS YEAR – See you next year Cancer Fundraiser Silent Auction
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Legion Hall open
- (4:00 p.m. ) Items must be picked up from the Legion Hall at 4 p.m.
No earlier please! Arrange for someone to pick up if you can’t be there.
- 1 p.m. Parade – Grand Marshall Leona Reise
The parade entrants will be judged while they are lining up. So if you want to be judged don’t be late. Line up at 12:30 around the Football Field on the West edge of town. Winners will be announced at the announcer stand during the Parade. Beautiful “Top Overall Parade Entry” trophy & Rosette, also “Top Equestrian Entry ” Rosette all donated by Tom & Tracey Martin-TNT Farms.
- 2 p.m. Volleyball Tournament – Contact Jon Botz to Play – 764-2082
- 2 p.m. 4-H Livestock Sale at the 4-H Park
- 2 p.m.– 5 p.m. 1/2 price at the Carnival Sponsored by Wolf One Farms
- 6 p.m.– 8 p.m. Bullriding sponsored by the Chamber
- 8 p.m.to Midnight –Street Dance on Soldier Road (Main Street) Live band is Throttle Back
Sunday August 5th
- 8 – 11 a.m. American Legion Breakfast in the Legion
- 10:30—12 a.m. Church in the Park – Baptist Church– Ron Geer Bring your chairs and come enjoy
Visit the Senior Community Center’s Ice Cream Booth on Sunday
- 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Music Festival, Crafts & Food Booths in the 4-H Park
Come listen to an afternoon of great music
- 1:00 – 4:00 Mark Hansen & Family
There will be free raffle drawings for some great prizes during the Concert